In March, the Nordex Group received an order for the supply of seven N149 turbines from Energiequelle in Finland
7. April 2020
In March 2020, the Nordex Group received an order from German wind power developer Energiequelle to supply and install seven N149/4.0-4.5 turbines in Finland. The project also includes a Premium Service Agreement covering 25 years.
The 29.96 MW “Konttisuo” wind farm featuring the turbines with a maximum operation mode of 4,280kW will be built approximately 20 kilometres southeast of the municipality of Soini, on the border of Southern Ostrobothnia and Central Finland. The installation and grid connection of the turbines will take place in 2021.
The Nordex Group will supply cold-climate versions of the machines, which will also include the Nordex Anti-icing System. The energy-efficient heating of this system prevents ice from accumulating on the rotor blades of the turbines. As this negates the requirement to stop or reduce the operation of the turbines while the Anti-icing System is in operation, it significantly reduces yield losses and shutdowns resulting from icing, compared to turbines without such a system.
“We are pleased that we can draw on Nordex’s technological progress and extensive experience on the Finnish market for our Konttisuo project and are firmly convinced that with the N149 we have selected the optimum turbine type for our project,” says Nils Borstelmann, Country Manager Energiequelle in Finland.
“We are very pleased to start work with Energiequelle, a customer with such great experience in wind business. This project will again underpin our position in the Nordics as an experienced supplier of turbines with proven cold climate and anti-icing solutions,” says Patxi Landa, CSO of the Nordex Group.
Older press releases
- In 2019, Energiequelle GmbH reached a turnover of EUR 87 million and opened two new offices 1. April 2020
- Energiequelle’s wind farm portfolio sold to re:cap 13. February 2020
- Energiequelle’s repowering project begins in Esterwegen, Germany 7. February 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH puts Schönefeld wind farm into operation 17. January 2020
- Groundbreaking agreement for energy revolution signed – Green light for Lusatia reference power plant 19. December 2019
- Joachim Uecker retires from the management of Energiequelle GmbH 30. September 2019
- Energiequelle GmbH starts construction of two wind farms in France 13. September 2019
- Energiequelle strengthens its project pipeline in Finland by purchasing three wind power projects 12. September 2019
- Michael Raschemann as live studio guest of Dunja Hayali on ZDF channel talk show broadcast 10. September 2019
- Thorsten Freise new division manager at Energiequelle GmbH 1. August 2019