Brandenburg-based project developer demonstrates social commitment
Kallinchen, 17 December 2020. A generous donation will be making its way to Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. this week. 10,000 euros will be going from Energiequelle GmbH’s account to one of the largest private aid agencies in Germany.
After various sponsorships for sports clubs in the region around the headquarters in Kallinchen, Brandenburg (50 kilometres south of Berlin) as well as payments via the Energiequelle Foundation for social purposes, which was founded in 2017, it is important to Energiequelle GmbH to also tackle global problems.
According to Welthungerhilfe, whose patronage is assumed by the respective Federal President, 690 million people around the world are starving. Climate change is one of the reasons for this. Extreme weather phenomena, droughts and water shortages particularly affect countries that are already facing hunger.
The ambitious goal of Welthungerhilfe is to end hunger by 2030. Last year, the organisation provided aid in 36 countries and almost 500 foreign projects – either by providing food or accommodation or by helping them to help themselves, such as building basic infrastructure.
Energiequelle GmbH would like to play its part and, in addition to its own struggle for the success of the energy transition, support the challenging tasks of Welthungerhilfe with a donation. “Especially at Christmas, when we are blessed with peace and food, it is important to remember all those who are not so lucky. For me, the donation is therefore a very personal matter close to my heart,” says Energiequelle owner Michael Raschemann.
Older press releases
- Energiequelle GmbH’s French photovoltaics project starts construction 1. December 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH once again awarded CrefoZert credit rating certificate 18. November 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH commissions two more wind turbines in Großrössen 11. November 2020
- Two new Energiequelle GmbH wind turbines commissioned in Esterwegen 6. November 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH’s French wind farm successfully commissioned 26. October 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH begins construction of the French Villers-le-Tourneur wind farm 15. October 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH feeds first kilowatt hour into the Finnish grid 12. August 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH French wind farm goes to Encavis 23. July 2020
- Start of construction for Finnish wind farm Konttisuo 13. July 2020
- In March, the Nordex Group received an order for the supply of seven N149 turbines from Energiequelle in Finland 7. April 2020