Hamburg, 7. April 2021. In March, the Nordex Group received orders from the international wind farm developer Energiequelle for the supply and construction of twelve N163/5.X turbines in Finland. The orders for the wind farms “Takanebacken” and “Torvenkylä” also include a long-term Premium Service contract for the turbines covering 30 years.
The 28.5 MW “Takanebacken” wind farm will be built in the municipality of Maalahti in western Finnish region of Ostrobothnia. The 39.9 MW “Torvenkylä” wind farm will be built 250 km up north near the city of Kalajoki.
The Nordex Group will supply the N163 turbines in the cold climate version on tubular steel towers with hub heights of 148 and 118 metres. The turbines will be installed and connected to the grid in the course of 2022.
“Takanebacken” and “Torvenkylä” are two follow-up projects of both companies in Finland. The Nordex Group is currently installing the 29.96 MW “Konttisuo” wind farm for Energiequelle in the municipality of Soini. In the Southern Ostrobothnian municipality seven N149/4.0-4.5 turbines will be installed.
“We are very pleased that Energiequelle has once again opted for our turbine technology and this time for the N163/5.X. This turbine type is ideally suited for the wind conditions of both sites,” says Patxi Landa, CSO of the Nordex Group.
“The good cooperation on our current projects, but above all the convincing further development of the Delta4000 platform, which is optimally tailored to the needs of the two project sites, were decisive for our decision in favour of Nordex,” says Nils Borstelmann, CEO of Energiequelle Oy.
Older press releases
- Energiequelle GmbH hires 300th employee 6. April 2021
- Energiequelle GmbH generates sales of 80 million in 2020 24. March 2021
- Energiequelle GmbH donates 10,000 euros to the Welthungerhilfe aid agency 21. December 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH’s French photovoltaics project starts construction 1. December 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH once again awarded CrefoZert credit rating certificate 18. November 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH commissions two more wind turbines in Großrössen 11. November 2020
- Two new Energiequelle GmbH wind turbines commissioned in Esterwegen 6. November 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH’s French wind farm successfully commissioned 26. October 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH begins construction of the French Villers-le-Tourneur wind farm 15. October 2020
- Energiequelle GmbH feeds first kilowatt hour into the Finnish grid 12. August 2020