Sales record at Energiequelle GmbH
Nearly 91 MW of wind and solar capacity generate sales of 213 million euros for the international project developer and operational manager
Kallinchen, 4 May 2023. In 2022, Energiequelle GmbH broke a company record with sales of 213 million euros, exceeding its profit forecasts. This is an increase in sales of almost 34 percent year on year for the internationally active company, which celebrated its 25th anniversary last year. This is the result of the construction of 24 wind turbines, a solar farm and a substation in Germany, France and Finland. The total output of the wind farm is almost 91 MW and 25 MVA of substation output.
In terms of operations management, the company has won tenders for 22 wind turbines, twelve PV plants and a substation. The wind, solar and biogas power production of the 850 plants currently under management amounted to around 2.5 billion kilowatt hours (kWh). This is 400 million kWh more than in 2021. This total amount corresponds to the consumption of over 830,000 households.
In addition to wind and solar, the company has implemented seven PV roof projects, 13 heating projects (ten of them with CHP), five air conditioning/ventilation projects and eight smart meter projects, as well as 13 energy audits for a hospital chain. Energiequelle is also a partner in the Lausitz reference power plant (RefLau) for a power plant concept for the generation, use, storage and reconversion of hydrogen that is unique in the world to date. The power plant will exclusively use renewable energies and demonstrate new possibilities for sector coupling and security of supply. RefLau is a joint project between Energiequelle, Enertrag and the Industriepark Schwarze Pumpe association and has received a funding commitment of 28.5 million euros from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs. Research partners include the Fraunhofer Institute for Energy Infrastructures and Geothermal Energy IEG (Fraunhofer IEG), the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg) and the Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden).
New locations and recruitment of more than 100 employees
Energiequelle successfully entered Poland last year and opened an office in Poznan. Two more countries are expected to follow by 2025. In Germany, two new regional offices were opened in Spremberg and Luckenwalde. More than 100 employees were hired across Europe last year, and another 100 vacancies are to be filled this year. In addition to the Leading Employer Award, the company was also awarded the Kununu “Top Company 2023” seal for its quality as an employer.
“I am very proud of the awards and the positive result of the past year. It is important to me that our growth is driven forward sustainably and carefully and that we continue to live and strengthen the good atmosphere and human interaction both within the company and with our partners,” says Michael Raschemann, owner and Managing Director of Energiequelle GmbH.
Energiequelle currently employs more than 400 people at 20 locations in four countries and has installed more than 850 plants with a total output of almost 1,600 MW to date. In 2023, a further 93 MW of wind and PV power will be installed and four substations will be connected to the grid.
Older press releases
- Completion of Torvenkylä wind farm in Finland 18. April 2023
- Energiequelle GmbH announced as Top Company 2023 on kununu 30. March 2023
- Construction begins on Energiequelle’s largest Finnish wind farm to date 9. March 2023
- Energiequelle GmbH celebrates start of construction of repowering project in Bad Gandersheim 20. February 2023
- Third Energiequelle wind farm in Finland completed 9. February 2023
- Energiequelle subsidiary commissions wind farm in France 31. January 2023
- Energiequelle GmbH celebrates its 25th anniversary 24. October 2022
- Commissioning of the Finnish wind farm Konttisuo 3. October 2022
- Energiequelle GmbH enters the Polish market 9. August 2022
- Energiequelle GmbH solar park sold to Watt & Co 27. July 2022
- French wind farm constructed by Energiequelle and Windstrom goes into operation 11. May 2022
- Energiequelle GmbH achieves a turnover of just under 160 million euros in 2021 26. April 2022
- Start of elevated foundation construction in Torvenkylä: Energiequelle builds wind farm with 39,9 MW 7. April 2022
- French Energiequelle subsidiary P&T Technologie celebrates its 20th anniversary 5. April 2022
- Start of construction for Energiequelle GmbH’s wind farm in Belle 4. March 2022
- Energiequelle GmbH opens new location in Spremberg 22. February 2022
- Energiequelle and Aedes Energies establish joint venture in France 15. February 2022
- Energiequelle GmbH wins Leading Employer 2022 award 10. February 2022
- Energiequelle GmbH’s French wind farm sold to Octopus Renewables 17. January 2022
- Energiequelle GmbH commissions wind farm in Pitschen-Pickel and Falkenberg 11. January 2022
Marketing and Communication
T +49 421 626 769 22
Ich berate Sie gerne
Energierecht und Verbandsarbeit
T +49 33769 871 167